Learn how to make Saffron Cookies, a quick eggless cookies recipe Anushruti only on Rajshri Food!
Saffron cookies is a divine recipe which indulges you in the heavenly taste of Saffron along with the blend of pistachios and mezzaluna.A perfect recipe which you can make during festive season or any special occasions or even if you feel like munching something sweet. So watch the video and learn how to make Eggless Saffron Cookies.
Ingredients: (Makes 40 cookies)
1/4 tsp saffron
2 tsp milk, warmed to dissolve the saffron
6 cardamom pods
20 pistachios, crushed or coarsely chopped
200 gm (1 1/2 cups) flour
100 gm (1/2 cup + 2tbsp) castor sugar
100 gm (1/2 cup) ghee
A few drops of milk to bind the dough if required
– Place the saffron with the warm milk in a mortar pestle.
– In a mortar and pestle or coffee mill, grind the cardamom seeds and nutmeg to a fine powder and keep aside.
– Chop the pistachios into small pieces. A mezzaluna is great for this purpose!
– Crush the saffron into a smooth paste using the mortar and pestle.
– In a large bowl or in the bowl of a stand mixer, mix the ghee and the sugar together. Put in the saffron mixture, cardamom and nutmeg powder and blend well.
– Put in the flour and form into a dough. If the flour refuses to co operate, add a few more drops of milk, just enough for the dough to come together and form into a dough.
– Preheat your oven to 350 F
– Divide the dough into two halves and on a clean surface roll half of the dough into 6” circle. Sprinkle half of the pistachios over it and lightly roll with a rolling pin.
– Using a cookie cutter of your choice cut into cookies. Assemble the remaining dough, roll again and cut. Repeat until you have no dough remaining.
– Repeat the above step for the remaining half of the dough.
– Place the cookies on a tray lined with butter paper and bake for 15 minutes.
– Cool completely and store in an air tight container.
Note : Try replacing the plain flour with whole wheat flour if you are making it for toddlers or if you would like to do so! The only difference would be that the saffron flavour would not be as distinct!
Host: Anushruti RK ( http://www.divinetaste.com )
Director: Vaibhav Dhandha
Camera: Kavaldeep Singh Jangwal, Manjeet Katariya, Akshay Durgule
Editing: Kishor Rai
Creative Head: Kavya Krishnaswamy
Producer: Rajjat A. Barjatya
Copyrights: Rajshri Entertainment Private Limited
Share this video on Facebook – https://goo.gl/EEs36v
Tweet about it – https://goo.gl/0mLc9g
Share it on Google+ – https://goo.gl/vl4LVS
Get the recipe on Anushruti’s blog : http://goo.gl/Mr9dhG
Subscribe & Stay Tuned – http://www.youtube.com/user/rajshrifood?sub_confirmation=1
For more videos log onto http://www.youtube.com/rajshrifood
Find us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/rajshrifood
Follow us on google plus https://plus.google.com/+rajshrifood